Monday, August 4, 2008

Severe thunderstorm rocked parts of Barron County





A Severe thunderstorm Rocked Mainly Central and Northern Barron County yesterday afternoon..From around 3:15 PM to about 3:45 PM or so...Many tress and power poles and lines were downed as this storm moved through...Also a report of a roof being tore off a house....Here are a few pictures of the storm and storm damage..The rest will be up on my website this coming weekend....Also a side note my weather station rercorded winds up to 59.9 MPH...I'm sure that was much higher giving the damage around the area,plus my wind gauge is not in the best spot for winds out of the west/northwest...Also picked up 3/4 inch of rain,again this total is much higher as the my rain guage got blown over...Some larger branches did come down in my yard...I lost power and was not until aroun 3 AM maybe a little before that...Nevertheless it was a grumpy storm to work with,but yet it was a fun little chase...Yes I know I had rain drops on my lens no matter how fast I wiped them off they kept coming back...