Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My winter forecast




Here is my winter outlook....First out of the gates,lets talk about the temps....I figured the temps for the whole winter...As you can see I'm forecasting colder than normal for a good part of the Country with cooler than normal temps just outside the colder than norm temp....The Western and far Southern areas,I'm forecasting near normal temps...Only places I see above temps would be in the Southwestern areas and Extreme Southern areas with just about all of FL....Let break this down to my forecast area...The winter will start out on the warm side,Nov through Dec,however temps will fall off rather fast by Jan..Temps should remain cold through much of Feb into Mar.... Sure than may be some warm times through this period...But the average temps should be below average....
Second thing on the docket is the precip forecast.
You can see I'm forecasting a great deal of the Country to be above normal.....The only areas I see below normal precip is going to be out in the far Western parts,along with a small area of the Eastern sea Coast..Elsewhere's near normal precip is forecasted...Time to talk about my forecast area....
Thinking is we will start out snowy,Middle to late Nov through the end of Dec...Then we will get a rest in Jan into Feb...Than turn snowy through Feb through Mar...Not saying we won't have dry time in Nov and Dec along with Feb and Mar...Just like I'm not saying we won't have any snowstorms in Jan and into the first part of Feb....Again both temp and precip forecasts are based on an average winter..Winter running from Nov through Mar..(This is the time frame I'm using)