Thursday, August 20, 2009

Short lived tornados across Barron County County

When I get home from work later today I will have a very detailed write up on what happen across the area...I was able to see many short lived tornadoes....I would rather not call them that...More like land spouts or one could even call some of the gustnadoes.Either way the ones in Barron County were very weak and very short lived most I see were on the ground for less than 5 seconds or so.I never called any of these is as the NWS has a very good handle on it..In many of the warnings.statements..They stressed very short lived tornadoes possible.Many people were saying it was strange,however there really wasn't nothing strange at all about what happen..I have seen this setup many times in my 25 plus years of storm chasing.Just a low pressure became stronger as it moved through MN and WI....Again a very detailed write on this...With some pictures.....Break down of the tornado warnings...Western Barron County...from 4:15 to 5:00 PM...5:13 to 6:00 PM another tornado warning was issued for Western Barron County..So it was a very busy 2 hours or so for this storm chaser....As I was all over in Eastern Polk,and Western Barron Counties...All the short lived touch downs were in Barron County...Around the Cumberland to Rice Lake areas,along with a few West of Barron....No damage from the ones I saw....