Sunday, November 9, 2008

Local weather observers needed

A call for local weather observers through out my forecast area...Yes this will include my MN and WI forecast area,since I seem to use the my forecast area for the firm I forecast for..Along with my blog forecast area.....This is something I would like to try.The reports will be used mainly on my blog,However I may also use your reports on the on my firm's local forecast area....The reports I'm looking for are as follows..For the winter months....Highest wind gusts along with time of occurrence..Snowfall reports...1/'2 inch or more no less though...Total snow storm reports....Freezing rain reports 1/16 of inch or more no less..Thunder snow reports, the time it happened no estimated times allowed on this report...If don't know please don't report it...Looking for the coldest temps like below -20 or colder,wind-chills of -20 or colder...Total snowfall for the following months..Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar,and April....Also comments on blowing a drifting snows...The depth of snow drifts....Along with any power outages and damage that may have happen in and around your area...No reports from people you know you have to see it before I use it...Or tell me where the damage is and I will run out and see it for myself if you can't....
Summer reports are as follows...Looking for the highest temps,100 plus..Dewpoint temps of 70 plus..
Again the highest wind gusts,see above for the info!....Severe thunderstorms...Here is what I'm looking for...Wind of and or gusts of 58 MPH no less!...And it must be measured not estimated! Damage that you have had or seen...Not looking for leaves blowing off of trees or twigs..Looking for 2 plus inches live branches or tress that were blowing down...Or if leaves are stripped from tress do to large hail...
Hail reports I'm looking for...3/4 inch or bigger..I don't care about pea size hail unless it accumulates to an 1/2 or more on the ground..I'm not looking for wall clouds reports as I have seen way to many report scud,roll clouds and shelf clouds as wall clouds....Heavy rain fall 1/2 inch or more..Funnel clouds and tornadoes...You must have seen them your self!!..Also monthly rainfall reports....
People I'm looking for shall be trained SKYWARN SPOTTERS,or STORM CHASERS that I know...
For more info you can email me...One can find my email on my chase site.....No there is no pay for doing this!!