Friday, October 30, 2009

Strong storm system effecting the area.

Strong storm system has been effecting the area has brought 1/2 inch to 1 inch rainfalls across the area yesterday and through out the over night hrs...This system also has brought in warmer air to the area...However temps are slowly dropping here at the office....High was 59° at 10 AM this morning now down to 57°...This system also has brought in some very low pressure readings....Here we are now down to 29.22 and still falling....The lowest reading I find through out my FA is Superior...29.08...The next lowest pressure reading I found is Siren 29.13....


This system also has brought very gusts winds to the area....Winds have been gusting up to 25 to 30 MPH..Highest wind gusts so far have been from points East of Siren and Cumberland...We winds have been gusting in the 30 to 40 MPH range this late morning into the this afternoon...At 1:00 PM The highest winds gusts I see are up in Ashland with 38 MPH,Rice Lake has wind gusts up to 31 MPH here at the office 6 miles Northwest we have wind gusts at 34 MPH as of 1 PM....See my post below for damage pictures caused by the winds...This morning 10:45 to 11:10 I'm sure winds were gusting close to 45 to 50 Plus MPH..To cause trees to snap like I saw....Just checked my weather station for the wind gusts it was 51.9 MPH @ 10:47 AM....
 
Just to show you how fast the pressure is falling we are now down to 29.20 MBS...