Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thunderstorms days for far this year.

Here is month by month break down of thunderstorm days so far this year of 09...

Jan...We saw no thunderstorms...

Feb..We had two thunderstorm days,along with thundersnows...
First day was Feb 9th,This was the first thunderstorm of the year...
The second day was Feb 26th..We had more thunderstorms roll through the area...

Mar...So far we had two thunderstorm days...
Mar 23 around 10 or 11PM we had thundserstorms move through the are...Then the following day Mar 24 we had more thunderstorms move through the area..Highly unlikely we will see more this month....
How does this stack up to last year so far you ask...Well yes I will tell you...
Last year 08...Jan through through Mar no thunderstorms to report...
So far in o9 we are 4 days up from 08...
I will have updates on the thunderstorm days close or the end of each month,also will compair that to last year 08..To see how many thunderstorms we get this year..I will also keep track of the watches issued for this area along with warning,however with the warnings I will not say a word about it unless I see severe thunderstorms myself of my chase team reports them to me,as there may be a warning and really there is no severe weather going on..So will I will discharge the radar warnings...Good news is with the new hail size warnings taking place April 1st, this year we should see a drop in severe thunderstorm warnings..