Monday, June 22, 2009

Last night's rainfall amounts and other info

I won't be issuing any forecasts today...Will say this though get ready for hot,and humid conditions through the new work week...
highs middle 80s to lower 90s looks like a good bet..With a chance of off and on showers and thunderstorms,some may become strong to severe Tuesday evening through out the over night hours...Sure another no sleep day come Tuesday night and Wednesday..This brings me to this part now...Yesterday and last night's rain fall the total amount here at my office was 1.50" of rain, the heaviest band of rain set up through Northeastern Barron County ...Then through Rice Lake then down to Cameron..Those areas picked up any where from 2.00" to as much as 2.50" of rainfall...Over in Rusk County some areas picked up as much as 5.00"of rainfall.......Readings came off the radar total accumulated precipitation...My office reading came from all 3 rain gauges..Which did surprise me they were all close to my official rain gauge reading..Yes I do have a professional rain gauge for those who don't know..Now to part two ....Last night I went out and was trying to get lightning pictures,which I still have no idea what I have yet...I was roaming Central,Eastern Barron County...I did travel bloody HYW 8 did find some good areas,however by then the rain was to hard to deploy the camera,also the haze and fog got thick..So most of the lightning was the CCs type,however there were some CGS..Which one darn near took me out West of Cameron...After it hit I could not see anything for a good 5 mins and hear nothing for about 10 mins..Still seeing white dots off and on...Anyway I got about an 2 hrs of sleep this morning....Now time to go through the pictures and see what I got,if anything good I will post a few here and the rest to my website....Not counting on much as reasons stated above....
Side note...Can someone tell me why there has been so many deer out this year??I almost took out a few last night..They are acting goofy..The one darn near ran into the side of my truck....