Wednesday, July 22, 2009

14 year old killed by lightning..So damn sad!

This is so sad....14 year old girl struck and killed be lightning in Stillwater MN..My heart goes out to her family and friends....I'm not going to get into the dos and don'ts when a thunderstorm is close...I will get into this though....Lightning is the most feared by us storm chasers...Here is a few reasons why...Think about this...Us storm chaser go into a flat area and try to get onto a hill some place where we can see the storm structure..So this only puts us at risk of being hit by lightning....Reason number 2...We can not forecast lightning..We never know where the next blot is going to strike...Number 3...Some of us storm chaser love to take pictures and vids of lighting..So we head to an area of the storm close to the most intense area of lightning,Sure we may still be miles away,however if you can hear thunder you can be struck down....I will say this these year thunderstorms have been far and few between up here,however I almost met my deisms four times so far....So many ask why I risk it all to get pictures?
Well I love thunderstorms,Lightning is one hard thing to get...So the way I am I like to go after the hardest things which being are the lightning shots...I risk it all to bring all my viewers the pictures....I never know when I'm out storm chasing if I will be going back home or not...When out in the field I pray a lot...It's not if but when lightning takes me out..When it does I sure hope people don't say..."he should have known better" I want people to look at it this way..He was doing something he loved dearly with his heart...
I wish I could have been the one who got hit by the that blot of lightning...I lived most of my life...The girl had so much more to life left...I hope her family did not see her...I have seen a few people killed by lightning...That all I'm going to say....Once again my heart and prayers go out to her family and friends.....