Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Virtual tour



Here is a virtual tour of the weather center..As you can see I use mainly 3 computers..One on the left is for radar only unless there is nothing going on then I will use it for another computer model.Radar programs I use..GRLEVEL 2 and GRANALYST,and STORM LAB..One is the center I use for satellite data only and to write up the forecasts you see on this blog...The 3rd computer on the right side I use for computer model/profile data only...Which I run NAM,GFS,RUC,ECWMF.GEM..along with other computer models....Not pictured is my laptop..I do set it up in the office if I'm nowcasting...Mainly the laptop is used for when I'm out storm chasing....As you can see I use a lot of info to bring you the best forecast I can...It takes about 2 to 4 hours to really analysis the data,and to come up with a forecast...Click on the pictures to see full size....Forecast in post below.....