Thursday, July 23, 2009

NON SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CHASE/HAIL INVESTIGATION

Yesterday NON SEVERE THUNDERSTORM chase was a fun on...Lots of hailers lots of cool storm structure..There was no severe thunderstorms warnings issued for Polk,Barron,ST.Croix,Dunn Counties.So no severe thunderstorms effected the area.Back to the hailers.The hail was mainly nickel size...Which is 3/4" lots of smaller hail....Thanks to a report of 1.00 hail in Polk County...Wasted some of my time trying to find any 1.00 inch stone..However one on the companies I'm contracted with wanted me to investigate it so I did....My findings was there was no 1.00 hail stones..I was just happy I was there before the hail had a chance to melt.Along with the storms moving slow.The ground was white through out that area,like other areas off and on through the afternoon and early evening hrs....I was able to stay out of all the hail shafts yesterday,which a good thing....Many hours spent in the truck,many miles on the road....Will add pictures of different storm structures soon...